Thread: Safe Mode Hack under Ubuntu

New user

Default Safe Mode Hack under Ubuntu

Hi!

I'm new to contao and already failing on the very first screen of the installation process. I'm installing contao on my ubuntu 10.04 server and need to add the FTP information for the safe mode hack (because apache is running on a different user.)
    But I can't connect via FTP to my server - even though the values I've entered should be correct. (I've tried it with my local FTP Program - there I can connect, so I can't be all wrong). I also tried to access it not with the external IP (which I'm using in my FTP program), but with localhost / 127.0.0.1 - because the contao install.php should be on the same server as the FTP server.
    No matter what I do, I get the error message that it's not possible to access the FTP server.

The contao folder is unter ~/Projects/html/contao-2.11.2/ and via ls -s linked to /var/www/contao

I'd be glad about any ideas. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Safe Mode Hack under Ubuntu

Did you read the corresponding section in the user's guide? Have you tried to add the settings for the safe mode hack (SMH) in the "system/config/localconfig.php" by hand?

Anyway, I would recommend that you configure the server to execute the PHP interpreter in a user context (id est in a FastCGI environment). It is always much faster than with safe mode hack (SMH)!
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options