Thread: permission to access /share.php

User

Default permission to access /share.php

I just launched a website:http://www.mens-en-paard.nl(2.11.2) but as it looks now like I'm not be able to share it :cry:
    I'm using the share options Contao provides me. Print2pdf works fine, but as soon facebook and twitter are hit I get:
    Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /share.php on this server.
    Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    I looked around a bit, but didn't found anything that helped. Found something about rights and upload the file again on German C-forum. That didn't do the trick. The url giving in the share.php file for facebook/twitter is ok. I'm having another website(2.10.4) at the same host. Buttons work fine here.
    Anybody like to share some ideas on this?

Regards Atti

User

Default Re: permission to access /share.php

I noticed that if I remove a specific part of the created url it works fine.
    The original url which seems to fail :
    http://mens-en-paard.nl/share.php?p=facebook&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmens-en-paard.nl%2Fvoor-wie.html&t=Voor%3AKinderen%7CJongeren%7CIndividuel e%20coaching%7CTeams
    If I strip the red colored part it works.On my local wamp it also works fine :?
    Guesses anybody?

Atti

Experienced user

A wild guess; htaccess?

Experienced user

ps, try the faulty link with htaccess renamed. If that solves disable all sections and reenable untill problem occurs.

User

Dank for thinking along Ruud I removed the htaccess but it didn't make any difference. Did the contao-check. That looks okay...

User

Did a different approach. My webhost provides a Contao-install thrue Installtron. I used this also for another site, and the share works here. I removed the old site, and restored the db-files and some specific files. :x Nada again

I did the contao-check and was shocked by all the pinkies. Lots of triple sixxes and sevens! A remark offtopic; This isn't normal???

So I guess something else is causing this sharing error? I'll try another installation at the same host, different shared webserver I guess. If this goes well I gues it's something with the host??

Meanwhile suggestions r always welcome

User

This operation was succesfull :D
    I've sent a ticket to the servicedesk of the provider.

Experienced user

I've seen an installation where mod_security prevents certain content and urls. Is there anything you can tell about the security? It seems to be with the address..

The pinks probably warns about the 777, that is normal. But the auto install should create different permissions, though 777 will work. Not thinking you should have to worry much about that...

User

And that was indeed the cause of the problem! The provider changed the mod_security rules and the problem was solved. :D
    Thnx Ruud for the tip concerning the security, (actually the provider found the solution in your just placed reply 8-) )
    RegardZz
    Atti

Experienced user

No problem. This is one of the rare problems I guess...

En zo even naar de site zelf kijken, ik heb aardig wat ervaring met paarden. Gestopt met rijden omdat de paarden op de meeste plaatsen als gebruiksvoorwerpen worden gezien, of zo worden behandeld. En ik heb op meer dan 10 verschillende plekken gereden... Deze site richt zich wel op een ander aspect.