Thread: 'Group assignment' not displayed

New user

Default 'Group assignment' not displayed

I have created a back end module and now I d like to add a link to a catalog page in this module's menu. I know that we have to use 'Own BE module' to do that but my problem is that in the 'group assignement' list where we choose where we want to display this link I have a blank radio box instead of my module's name, see :

I tried to find in other modules how it 's done bust just couldn't so any idea will be appreciated.

Thanks

Experienced user

Default Re: 'Group assignment' not displayed

Did you add the module to the language file?

In your module's language folder, there should be a "modules.php" file where you define the label and description of your custom module. An example would be something like:

Code:
    $GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['MOD']['myAwesomeModule']  = array('My Awesome Module', 'Does awesome stuff.');
    That's for back-end display. For front-end modules, there's a corresponding array:

Code:
    $GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['FMD']['myAwesomeModule']  = array('My Awesome Module', Show really awesome stuff on the site.');
    Brian

New user

Default Re: 'Group assignment' not displayed

Hi and thank you for your answer.

I already had something like this in my language file :

$GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['MOD']['sales'] = array('Referrals', 'Manage your sales.');

To make it work, I had to change it like this :

$GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['MOD']['sales'] = 'Referrals';

edit : It was working fine and I create a link to one of my catalog and I was going to make another but the group assignement is not displaying anymore, I must say I don t get what is happening....