Thread: Translation of events and news

New user

Default Translation of events and news

Good evening!

Right now I am building a website with five - possibly more to come - root pages, one for every translation. It is managed by a team where some members are responsible solely for content and others for translation. Translation for articles works like supposed to, but events and news are giving me a hard time.

Since especially events do have to be published quickly, we decided not to have a calendar for every language and let the translators republish content, but rather to put all translations inside each news item.
    Now I can choose one single page as a landing page for the calendar, but yet the event details have to be shown on different pages, depending on the currently selected user language. If I do not specify a landing page I will be redirected to the website root whenever I click on an event teaser. I mention this, because at first I thought I would just stay on the current page and could then easily display details right there.

So here come possible solutions I can think of. Can somebody please help me out on best practices how to deal with this situation?

• Tweak the mod_eventlist template to build "stay on current page" links. This I consider bad style.[/*:m:2av53udo]
    • Use a dedicated calender for every language. This I would like to avoid.[/*:m:2av53udo]

If you can think of an even better solution, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Niels

User

Default Solution?

Hi. Did you find a solution for this problem? I have the same case, and I don't know a good solution...

The only solution I know is to build the link manually in event- / news list-template. There is a way which is a little bit elaborate, creating individual templates for that and using predefined insert tags for building the path to the reader site.

I've written a blog post about that (in german) with some code snippets. Maybe that will be helpful.