Thread: Book navigation

User

Default Book navigation

Hello,

I try to built my website and to use a "Book Navigation System". We can go to the previous or next pages and it's insert on your Page présentation.
    But i dislike the présentation and i can't to change it. I would like that the link to the next page be in ther lower left and the link to the next page be ine the lower right.

Could you help me ? Thanks
    Sharing and growing

User

Default Re: Book navigation

I think you need to read up on horizontal CSS List Menus, information should be in abundance on the internet.
    Here's a starting point (not about horizontal lists but more general)- CSS Design: Taming Lists : http://www.alistapart.com/articles/taminglists/

To find out what ID or Class elements is in the html markup, use Firebug (firefox) or any of the inbuilt elements inspects (Chrome, Safari) to analyse the code. It's very useful and will solve most of your problems about presentation.

I took this code from the http://www.contao.org/en/installation.html page by using the browser element inspector, it's a starting point:

Code:
    .mod_booknav{margin-top:1em;margin-bottom:1em;padding-top:1em;border-top:1px dotted #bbb}
    .mod_booknav li{width:45%;float:left}
    .mod_booknav li.up{width:10%;text-align:center}
    .mod_booknav li.next{text-align:right}
    geung

User

Default Re: Book navigation

Geung thanks you so much for your help.

I think you understood that i'm a beginner in the contao community. Thanks you to explain me all the mecanism.
    So with you advices i try to have the presentation that i wanted.
    I found that in one of my themes I could modify the links places specially when i deleted the automatic width.
    Sharing and growing