Thread: How to change settings to player

User

Default How to change settings to player

I'm making a mistake somewhere or I'm missing something, but I don't know where and it's causing some interesting results. I have installed the player and got some sample videos (of my ridiculously cute kid!) up to play with until I figure it all out.
    Please see this testing link to see what I am talking about: **Removed and put back to protected page status**

The problems I am having:
    -It keeps repeating and I don't know how to set it to play only once.
    -The "Play Again" control seems to stay in the middle of the video the whole time.
    -The control bar is there, but it isn't functioning correctly, the time doesn't advance and you cannot pause play, which brings me to the most fun "feature" of my problems....
    -When I click on play/pause in an attempt to Pause the video, another one starts again, with the sound of the first still playing, which doesn't stop because it isn't set to play only once (first problem noted). Click it a couple times and you've got a recipe for a massive headache with the singing repeating over and over and on top of itself like a musical round. It's actually kind of fun! But not what I would expect based on the examples I have seen.

How do I change things to make this all work as it should? I have looked through the flowplayer.org site but I am quite baffled and haven't seen anything that tips me off to settings I should be trying to put in the Parametres area to remedy it. Is that where I should be putting something to fix this problem, or am I way off?

I am using Contao 2.9.5 (I have a crappy hosting server so I can't run anything newer) and I I manually installed Flowplayer 0.1.0 (no SOAP on crappy server, grrr). They shouldn't be incompatible based on what I see.

User

Default Re: How to change settings to player

I've discovered more information after fiddling with it a bit. It doesn't like the .swf and keeps repeating and doesn't have control with, well, the controls. I loaded an mp4 and it plays the audio, has control with the controls, BUT it doesn't show the video. Perhaps that aspect is a codec issue? The mp4 plays fine on my computer locally, just not off the site. I don't know enough to understand why that is.

So one work around I have done that works for one instance is to use lightbox4ward as an element. I use it with an image of the title screen for the tutorials for my clients and then the image is set to open an external link - an embedded screencast from screencast-o-matic (had to fiddle with the link address to get it to do what I wanted it to as the links that SOM gave me don't do what I want, but I wrangled it into submission, anyone interested in how, I would gladly share, I have really liked SOM and would gladly recommend them). I set the CSS for the element to be inline-block and the images all line up nicely on their own with only the one css entry. div.ce_ce_lightbox4ward.block was the selector I used to line them up in a grid like pattern.

So I got that one down for files hosted elsewhere. But it still doesn't help with video files that are located in my Contao file system. I have tried flv, swf and mp4. None have worked perfectly and have been missing some aspect of playback.