Thread: Install password problem vs 2.11.5

New user

Default Install password problem vs 2.11.5

I'm having problems installing contao. Following the download instructions on the site. Here is what is working and where the problem is:

1. Download, unzip, copy to ftp server....all OK
    2. Enter MySQL login info....seems to work OK
    3. Asks for password....I'm entering "contao" as is said on the install instructions but this is not working.
    4. After 3 times the system locks and the install instructions say go to system/config/localconfig.php and change something......but this file does not exist! :evil:

I have no idea what this password should be and no idea how to proceed now....any help appreciated.

User

Default Re: Install password problem vs 2.11.5

3. Asks for password....I'm entering "contao" as is said on the install instructions but this is not working.
    I may be wrong but I can't find anywhere in the instructions that it says to enter "contao" as the password.

Are you sure you've followed the installation instructions correctly?
    Check out the video How to install TYPOlight http://www.contao.org/en/books-and-videos.html#videos to make sure. It's a bit outdated but it's still relevant.

Or more detailed doc http://www.contao.org/en/installing-contao.html
    geung

New user

Thanks for the reply. I will check out the video link you sent me. The second link says the following "...To open the Contao install tool, simply add /contao/install.php to the URL of your Contao installation. The default password is contao."

So, of course I took it that the default password is "contao". Maybe the video is clearer. Thanks again.

User

Oh, so you're not even in the install tool yet.
    But how did you get to point 2 in your list?
    2. Enter MySQL login info....seems to work OK
    You would have to be in the install tool in order to enter any MySQL login info to connect to the database.

I think the information about the "contao" password could be wrong??

I've just tested it with a fresh setup with 2.11.5,
    1st screen: Is agreeing to license.
    2nd screen: It asks you for a "Install tool password" which you choose yourself (at least 8 characters) and hit "save password" button.
    3rd screen: You're inside the installation tool with all the options such as Database connection.

The file in 'system/config/localconfig.php' appears after you've setup the installation password.
    geung

New user

After much to-ing and fro-ing, I got it sorted. The problem was it was asking me for the password and it said that is "NOT" the password that I entered on the first screen, rather the default "contao". Actually it was exactly the password that I entered on the first screen.

Thanks once more for your time in helping me with this. :-)