Thread: what jump page in news module mean?

New user

Default what jump page in news module mean?

Hi all,

I'm doing my first template and there are something I don't understand.

I created a site like Demo music site,but with other structure. Copied and and reimported template to edit for this site,but I can't get news showed.

I have my news layout assigned to my News page, as in te demo site, and the module configured with my new category and pointing to my News page, in the jump option. I created some news, and only see a teaser,but more don't show anything, now, I don't know what I changed, but now I don't see the news list either. I'm missing something? Wich is the right way to setup it?

Regards

User

Default Re: what jump page in news module mean?

Do you wrote both the teaser and the news? If you write all news text in the teaser, a jumper for more wouldn't be shown.

What module in front end you have used? News archive or News reader...?

New user

Quote Originally Posted by foxservia
    Do you wrote both the teaser and the news? If you write all news text in the teaser, a jumper for more wouldn't be shown.

What module in front end you have used? News archive or News reader...?
    I deleted all and tried to configure again and now seens to work but when try to open a news an error item (newsalias.html) not exists.

Module is news archive AFAIR same in music demo site

User

Check page alias for page in which you placed news reader/archive (I suppose you used a special page in site structure for that purpose), and settings for both of them.

If you have changed page aliases after module creations, it is possible they are not connected properly at this moment. If so, return old alias for missing page.

New user

Check page alias for page in which you placed news reader/archive (I suppose you used a special page in site structure for that purpose), and settings for both of them.

If you have changed page aliases after module creations, it is possible they are not connected properly at this moment. If so, return old alias for missing page.
    The problem was I don't create a Newsreader for this News category.

- I have a news archive named as Test News with "Jump to Page" to News page.

- News Page, is a Standard Page with own design called News Archive.

- In layout News Archive, I have in Main Column, a module "News Archive", where I can see my news archive, and clicking in onw, I go to Newsreader with News and "Read More" buttons, but "read more" in each news..does anything. I think I'm missing one step.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Giu

The problem was I don't create a Newsreader for this News category.

- I have a news archive named as Test News with "Jump to Page" to News page.
    I think that every news archive is linked with news reader, so there is a problem. In news archive every "Read more..." is targeting on full text article in news reader module. So, you should:

1. Just write full news in teaser (then you don't have "Read more..." link), or
    2. Make news reader and incorporate it as new element in some page.

User

Hmmm, I think I understand now what issue you are facing, because I have similar problem with Calendar module. When I click on event, browser opens the page where the event reader is placed, but no text is shown.

I think I will it delete completely, and try with the new Calendar module and structure.

New user

Hmmm, I think I understand now what issue you are facing, because I have similar problem with Calendar module. When I click on event, browser opens the page where the event reader is placed, but no text is shown.

I think I will it delete completely, and try with the new Calendar module and structure.
    I solved the problem changing News style property of Newsreader, from news_latest, to news_full. I can't get it working with news_latest as demo site has, and I don't know why, but I did it all same.