Thread: 'Please fill in this field' popup box

User

Default 'Please fill in this field' popup box

I'm having trouble in Contao 2.11.5 with a popup box that keeps appearing on required form fields that says 'Please fill in this field' when I attempt to submit a form.

Is this something new to Contao 2.11.5? I've tried disabling all my extensions and it still happens which makes me think it is part of the core. This issue was not present in Contao 2.10.3 which the site was originally using.

I'm trying to use Isotope E-commerce. There are some forms that are 'hidden' like the 'Shipping Address' form. The customer can opt to just use their billing Address instead which means they don't need to fill this form in. The problem occurs when trying to move to the next step and the 'Please fill in this field' popup appears because the Shipping form hasn't been filled out.

This problem also re-occurs at the payment option screen. Some of the options have forms to fill in (Card details etc) but depending on which payment option the customer chooses these forms may remain hidden and not filled in. Even though they are hidden the popup still appears, preventing the user form going any further in the process.

Does anyone know if this is part of the core and where I can look to disable it? It's difficult to track down where the code that causes the popup is because everything is minified into one js file.

User

Default Re: 'Please fill in this field' popup box

After looking into it more I think it's a HTML5 feature. The fields are being given an attribute 'required', this causes the browser to not allow the field to be left empty.

New user

Default Re: 'Please fill in this field' popup box

You can disable it with the following code:

Code:
    novalidate="novalidate"
    Just copy the form.html5 in your templates folder and integrate the snippet at the form tag:

<form novalidate="novalidate"<?php if ($this->action): ?> action="<?php echo $this->action; ?>"<?php endif; ?> id="<?php echo $this->formId; ?>" method="<?php echo $this->method; ?>" enctype="<?php echo $this->enctype; ?>"<?php echo $this->attributes; ?>>