Thread: Heldesk extension installation

New user

Default Heldesk extension installation

I have tried to install the helddesk module (I am running Contao 2.11).

Here is what I did.
    - downloaded the zip file
    - extracted it in www/contao/

then ran http://localhost/contao/install.php.

No errors - or obvious ones.

I go to "extensions catalog" -> nothing.

I have searched hours for an installation manual an nothing i.e. I have read the user guide on manual extensions. So that is not of a lot of use in this instance.

If I cannot get a forum on my site, then I will need to look at DRUPAL or JOOMLA. Shame as I was really liking this CMS.

Alternatively is there a way install Contao as the CMS and something like PHPBB as the forum?

Thanks for any help.

BTW - I speak German, English, French and Spanish. So replies in any of those languages is fine.

Experienced user

Default Re: Heldesk extension installation

Judging by the URL, you are running on a local development environment?

Make sure SOAP is installed/enabled on your server -- it's required for the extension catalog to work:
    http://www.php.net/manual/en/book.soap.php

Many/most hosting accounts come with this already, but if its a local installation or one you've built yourself its possible that you need to manually install and/or enable this.

Alternatively you can try this plugin (yes, I see the irony):
    http://contao.org/en/extension-list/vie ... 19.en.html

When you manually installed Helpdesk and ran the install tool, did it ask to update the database (you should have seen a check-box list of tables and fields that need to be created)? This is a pretty good indicator as to whether it was installed correctly.

Also you can log into the back-end and go to "settings" --> "inactive extensions". If installed correctly, you should see the Helpdesk extension listed among the others.

Double-check that when you unzipped it, the folders and files got put into the right location. At the conclusion you should have been left with the following new folders/files:

/www/contao/tl_files/helpdesk/
    /www/contao/system/drivers/DC_HelpdeskTable.php
    /www/contao/system/modules/helpdesk/

If you just unzipped the file directly into your website's root folder, then these would not be in the right place.
    Brian

New user

Default Re: Heldesk extension installation

Quote Originally Posted by Medianomaly
    Many/most hosting accounts come with this already, but if its a local installation or one you've built yourself its possible that you need to manually install and/or enable this.
    Actually most hostings don't support SOAP.

First because you have to really want it (SOAP support is not enabled by default but PHP must be configured with --enable-soap) and second because SOAP is sort of deprecated.

You might be wondering why, well SOAP is deprecated because many of us have moved to shower gel.

No, seriously HTTP/REST is just way too easier to understand/use.

__________________________________________________ ______
    Free hosting