Thread: Starting with Contao template

Default Starting with Contao template

Dear all,

I've installed Contao with the Modern Blue template. So the home page is published -although the events calendar is not there. Is that how it should be?

But my question is: how do I set up, publish a second page?

I have read the guide, even translated some pages of the contao-buch, but haven't seen anything yet about this main step.

I'd like to set this up to have as a reference to then create everything from scratch.

Thanks!
    Carolina

Default Re: Starting with Contao Theme

Please ask iNet Robots why the calendar isn't there. In modern blue there is a calendar.

Don't know exactly what you mean. For a second page you can create a second 'Website root', direct your second domain to your installation folder, write the domain name into second 'Website root' 'Domain name'.

I prefer to build up a new installation for a second page. To do that you can start install from scratch or mirror all files to a new folder also create a new DB for the second installation and fill it up with the dump of your first DB. Direct your second domain to the new folder. Run install tool.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

Default Re: Starting with Contao template

Hi Andreas, thanks.

When you import a theme only the home page is automatically published, but how do you do to publish the Services page, or the Contact page in the same website, so that the links in the home page lead you somewhere. I see these other pages are in the site structure and in the article section, but how do I connect that so that it goes live.
    Carolina

Default Re: Starting with Contao Theme

If you like, I can take a look in your backend. Just send me an email.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

Hi Andreas, it would be good to publish the steps here, as I'm sure more people have the same question or ways of doing this.

Thanks
    Carolina

Hi

Can you show a snapshot of your back end screen ?
    Utilisateur de Contao depuis 2008