Thread: [SOLVED] No root page found after upgrade

New user

Default [SOLVED] No root page found after upgrade

Hi.

My setup:
    The site (http://www.biomil.se) has three languages (en,sv and xx (for testing)), all three root pages are set as "Website root". I used to have "en" as fallback language. None of the root pages is associated with a DNS.
    The following modules are installed: BackupDB, cfs_maps, changelanguage, inputvar, translation, xls_export.

I have upgraded my Contao installation to 2.11.6 and now got a broken website. First, the only thing shown was "No root page found" in any language. Now, as of a sudden, some of the "sv" and "xx" bransch started working again, but "en" is still broken.

When trying to solve the problem, I temporarily unchecked Language fallback for English. I then tried to check it back again, I get the error message "You can only define one website root page per domain as language", and I cannot save the settings. Going back to Site structure view, I am warned that there is no fallback:
    Code:
    None of the active website root pages without an explicit DNS setting has the language fallback option set, which means that these websites are only available in the one language you have defined in the page settings! Visitors and search engines who do not speak this language will not be able to browse your website.
    I tried to rebuild the index. In the system log, I mostly get messages like "Forward page ID "2" does not exist".
    I have updated the database without any problems, and also run the Contao check without problems.

I assume that the 2 problems are related (impossible to set fallback, and no root page), but I am quite lost where to continue debugging. Any ideas are welcome.

Default Re: No root page found after upgrade

Did you fill in the domain name in the website root? Try to leave it empty. Maybe you can let me have a look into your BE.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Default Re: No root page found after upgrade

No, I have not specified a domain name in any of the root pages.

By now, I have managed to get the primary language (sv) up and running for all pages. It turned out that the pages which did not work first had "forgotten" their page alias (some of them having the same page name in two language trees). As soon as I set unique aliases for these pages, they worked again. :-)
    However, the problems with the fallback language and the whole English bransch remain. Any more suggestions?

@andreas: I'll try to send you a PM.

New user

Default [SOLVED] No root page found after upgrade

So this issue is solved now! The reason for is can be assumed to be a bug somewhere, resulting in an orphaned row in the db table tl_page where a root page with a fallback flag was defined - a page that did not show up in the site structure! After deleting that row, everything was fine again, not only the contradictory messages about multiple/missing fallback pages were gone, but also the English web site is up and running again.

By the way, before deleting the row in the db table, I also tried to
    1. empty all caches in the maintenance menu
    2. uninstall all extensions
    3. empty caches again,
    all without any result.

Until now, I have not seen any unwanted side effects of removing the row mentioned above.

andreas found a similar bug in the German forum:
    https://www.contao-community.de/showthr ... n-Fallback
    which was solved by removing the fallback flag of a row in the db, rather than removing the whole row.