Thread: pk_noobslide Previews

User

Default pk_noobslide Previews

I'm seriously struggling with the Preview element.

I have in an article:
    Setup
    Content Element - Headline (If I put this below the Preview it becomes part of the preview block and overlaps with the section content "below" it)
    Preview 1
    Preview 2
    Section 1
    Content Elements
    Section 2
    Content Elements
    End

Problem 1: The Previews are showing up overlapping my content (Section 1). I have tried to get them to move using CSS, but they aren't moving. Changing things like font or alignment works, but not position or display for div.ce_noobSlide_previews. I tried display block, but it didn't do anything, nor did any other display options either, except none. And nothing I do with position makes a difference.
    Problem 2: They also don't work as navigational links. It's just plain text. My buttons for next and previous work, but I really wanted the navigation to be by title text as the end user needs to access the section (in a manual) that they want quickly, not flipping through many subsections with next and with no idea what subsection "3" will take them to. If I understand Previews correctly, it is exactly what I need.

I must be setting something wrong or missing something. Anyone know? I know there has been some discussion on the German forum on ordering and the preview feature, but I'm struggling through with the Google translation to catch the real meaning of the solutions people are talking about. Could we start a discussion here in English??? Perhaps? Please?

Experienced user

Default Re: pk_noobslide Previews

If you notice on my website www.thyon.com, I've left them at the top. But on www.triarc.co.za, I moved them below the sliders using abolsoute positioning, however, you have to ensure that the slider height includes their height as well, and also that their z-index to above the slider. Otherwise they will be clipped or overlapped.

When you click on a preview, it goes immediately to that section.

User

Default Re: pk_noobslide Previews

Update for anyone else looking for a solution to the same problem:
    Thanks for the help Thyon.

I set the position to 'relative' and it doesn't overlap anymore. They weren't working as links because they were "hidden" behind the other elements.

Just wanted to put that out there for anyone else running into the same thing that I was doing wrong.