Thread: Templating Help

New user

Default Templating Help

Hi All,

Just launched a new site using Isotope as the product management solution - the second store we've built using Isotope, although this technically isn't a store - more an online catalogue :-) - site here: http://www.charlesbarr.com - feedback welcome :D

Anyway what i'm attempting to do is on the product reader page have links back to the categories that product features in, obviously I have to do it within the template but am unsure what the PHP code should look like.

Any help on this very much appreciated

Cheers

Nigel
    Internet Marketing is both measurable and accountable.
    On Twitter Marketing Guy
    On LinkedIn Nigel Copley
    On Facebook Caroco Marketing

User

Default Re: Templating Help

Hi
    first of all, very great work!

categories are pages with product list?
    you want change "go back" made with javascript with a link?

another question: the list in home page is made with isotope or simple article?

thanks

New user

Quote Originally Posted by desperados
    Hi
    first of all, very great work!

categories are pages with product list?
    you want change "go back" made with javascript with a link?

another question: the list in home page is made with isotope or simple article?

thanks
    Thanks desperados

Categories are pages yes, I'm looking for some code that will help me show the categories that each product is in - for example - I have a product that fits into 3 or 4 categories(pages) and would like to link back to those categories (pages) from within the product reader

Which list are you referring to in the homepage? If it's the category listings then they are individual content elements (images) given a specific class for styling
    Internet Marketing is both measurable and accountable.
    On Twitter Marketing Guy
    On LinkedIn Nigel Copley
    On Facebook Caroco Marketing

New user

I know this is a late post but I wanted to say how much I like what you have created.
    The depth and detail of your site is outstanding.

Experienced user

I created this module as a response to your question. I couldn't believe it doesn't exist yet where it is really easy to make. http://contao.org/extension-list/view/i ... ories.html

It is mostly untested, so please tell me if it is any good. What I did is copy customnav and change the source of the pages from the module to the current product. The downside is that the product is loaded, but that might be cached by Isotope?