Thread: Backend Login Cookie Redirect??

New user

Default Backend Login Cookie Redirect??

I hope someone can help me troubleshoot an issue I noticed today.

When I authenticate as a valid user, I am not redirected to /contao/main.php. Instead the error "You have to allow cookies to use Contao."

The version of Contao being used is 3.0, however I have tried logging into other installs that range from 2.6 to 2.11 with the same results. (Some of which the installs are on different hosts/companies)

The one change I have made to the 3.0 install was adding the line "AddType application/x-httpd-php53 .php" to .htaccess as this is what my hosting account requires for php 5.3 scripts to run.

I have tried multiple browsers (IE,FF,Chrome) with the same result.

If someone could offer some place to start troubleshooting or know what to look for to fix, I'd really appreciate it!

Thank you!

Experienced user

Default Re: Backend Login Cookie Redirect??

Delete all your cookies from the browser...

New user

I tried that and it still does not work. Sorry, I did not state that in the original post. Would you be able to test on your end. Maybe it is me?? Send me a private message and I would be glad to give you the login so you can try.

-Rich

New user

I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue. When I clear the cookies and try to login again, I notice both PHPSESSID and BE_USER_AUTH cookies are being set. The BE_USER_AUTH has an expiration time of one hour from the time it is set and PHPSESSID expires at end of session.

I confirmed that in the following condition the REFER value is not equal to an empty string i.e. '' so I'm thinking it has to do with the empty($_COOKIE) code, but not sure where to go from there to find if anything is being stored in the $_COOKIE variable.

Code:
    // Show a cookie warning
    if (Input::get('referer', true) != '' && empty($_COOKIE))
    {
    	$this->Template->noCookies = $GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['MSC']['noCookies'] . "
    REFER VALUE = " . Input::get('referer', true);
    }

Any suggestions?

New user

I have found my issue. It is not related to any of the hosting providers or specific browsers. I have isolated the issue to a recently installed Zentyal Firewall. I changed firewalls and am now able to login without any issues!

I hope this helps others who may encounter this issue.