Thread: is this correct way to start?

New user

Default is this correct way to start?

Hy this cms is awesome! I work on this cms about 3 years ago but then i stop it my bad soo i totally forgot all how create, where insert website, the code etc.. So first my question is the first step before doo any other things before import css, js scripts is the first step please thell me if i thing correctly how it work.

1. you must create / edit a custom page template ?

2 . Where i can add the template own i can create own folder to be shure to be OK?

3. edited with code on first site with "<?php echo $this->footer; ?> " is this must be in the template or i can just add the folowing html code ?

4. then you can start with How to create a page layout in TYPOlight

Is that correct way how to start succesfully added the page index to the cms or did i mist something ?

Also i dont know if is this correct way to ask where i can get adwance tutorial or brushure about your commercial version, in our company thinking to be buy it the commercial version. But for now i want to get back to again knowing the cms system before we deside for commercial version.

Thank you again for all help!

Simon

New user

Default Re: is this correct way to start?

Can anyone help me to strat with projects. I allready seethe typolight video how all made i doo exacly o nthe video but allways i still cannot add the articles i got own custom template with fe_index.tpl edited template. Thank you

New user

Default Re: is this correct way to start?

Hey I guess your starting way is correct as you are saying in your post.. And I will say about your second question about buying that I think that it will work only after buying .. Without buying we are unable to do anything ,.. So, I am agree with your company about it..
    kane