Thread: Where do i put interactive .html & .js ?

User

Default Where do i put interactive .html & .js ?

Hi,
    I've been given a bunch of files to incorporate into our website, consisting of an HTML which references a .js file to create an interactive model (i.e. a product that someone can mouseover and rotate)

I HAVE ATTACHED the original folder - if you drag the html into a browser window and click and drag the image you will see it spinning. I really need help to know where to place all the bits in Contao to make this work on my page.

I have successfully added the html but it doesn't seem to be referencing the .js file , no interactive image appears. I don't know enough about code to know what I need to change in either the html or the javascript file.

This is what I've done and it's probably totally wrong!:

1) Created a folder in 'file Manager' containing the HTML file, the .js file and the images that are referenced (some of these were inside other folders so I've copied the original structure and folder names exactly) I put everything here because I was trying to match how the files were given to me.

2) I created a new text element for my page and used html code to create an iframe to call up the html file that I saved into file manager.

3) My page now shows the iframe, containing the html, but no interactive image

I'm on a deadline, so grateful for any help...Thanks

User

Default Re: Where do i put interactive .html & .js ?

Hi,

Just ad a custom template of fe_page. You can do this in the backend at layout>templates.

In this html5 or xhtml file you can add the Javascript code just like you did in the html page you attaced.

In the articles you add the div with the corresponding ID and it should work.
    --
    Regards, Paul Kegel
    Online designer at Artified | Follow me on twitter