Thread: Google Analytics Tracking

New user

Default Google Analytics Tracking

Hello,

I am trying to update endtimestavern.com with Google Analytics and have added the extension for this.

I am not sure where to go from here. I see the extension in the extension list but that is as far as I am able to get.
    I looked for information on how to make this happen but to no avail.

So here I am. I am sure it is much simple than I am making it. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
    Don

User

Default Re: Google Analytics Tracking

Hi Don,
    Like most things, it's only simple if you know how

First you need a Tracking ID from Google Analytics,
    If you are completely new, a quick internet search comes up lot's of help. I found this, 10 months old movie : (You just need to get to the bit when the Tracking ID appears, the rest is not relavent to Contao)

There are two ways to use google analytics in Contao.

Via extension GoogleAnalytics
    1. Install it.
    2. In Site Structure, go to your website root page and press the edit button.
    3. You will find an item called Google Analytics - add your Tracking ID in it's field.

or

Use Contao's inbuilt 'moo_analytics' file
    1. Go to templates - make and edit moo_analytics, add your Tracking ID (there are helpful information within the file itself on what to do)
    2. Go to Theme - Add to your Theme(s) under Script settings moo_analytics (just a box tick)

Now What?
    If you go back to The google Analytics page where you first copied your tracking ID, it will tell you whether it is recieving data. It can take up to 24hrs for the tracking data to come through.

So from now on everytime you want to view new data about your website, you need to go to Google Analytics web pages (so bookmark it). It will be collected there.

How to use it
    http://mashable.com/2011/05/24/how-t...gle-analytics/
    geung

New user

Default Re: Google Analytics Tracking

Hi Geung,

Thank you for the detailed information and your time.
    You're right - when you know how to do something it is simple.

It worked great and I look forward to learning more.

Have a wonderful day.
    Don