Thread: Migration problems (2.10.4, very challenging)

New user

Default Migration problems (2.10.4, very challenging)

I'm supposed to migrate a Contao instance from local development to server, which is normally a painless thing to do.

The clients service provider requires a hole to be made for my IP. But I have a 4G connection and my IP changes. I tried to migrate using the backup extension but I have two problems:

1) contao install script ignores create table statements in the big dump where whole database is dumped
    2) the template dump does not contain other than the content in the basic contao installation, it doesn't have table creation, extension content data or catalog's custom tables.

I can not choose another service provider. I have to make do with this one. My alternate plan was to send the site to the client as a zip file, they'd upload it and I would finish the installation. These types of sp's typically also disallow remote mysql connections and frown upon using phpMyAdmin (can't even isntall one, because heh, no FTP), so the backup extension was my only hope.

What can I do?

New user

Default Re: Migration problems (2.10.4, very challenging)

I got my IP hole and PHPMyAdmin, so this is no longer a problem.

Thanks for nothing, though. Contao is IMO the best CMS and runs circles around Joomla and Drupal. But if you need help with it, forget it. :| Disappoints me every time.