Thread: Upgrade to R3 - layout issue with older browser

User

Default Upgrade to R3 - layout issue with older browser

I am upgrading from R2.11.8 to R3.0.3 with Live Update. Simple site with the " Modern Orange" template.

After the migration the layout in frontend and backend show the two columns under each other where they should be next to each other. The issue only shows with older browsers (IE7/IE8 compatibility mode). The site has the standard 2 column layout. IE9 and other browsers are fine.

I found a lot of information on changing CSS - but I am hoping this is a simple setting.

User

Default RE: Upgrade to R3 - layout issue with older browser (DEMO si

I also looked at the Contao DEMO site. This site has the same behaviour. The left column at the front home page moves to the end of the page for IE9 in compatibility mode. The demo site is at release 3.0.0.

Experienced user

Default Re: Upgrade to R3 - layout issue with older browser

If in your output the only change is the position of the left column in the html, you can change the fe_page template and switch it back up. Contao adds some of its own css, you may have to undo those changes in your stylesheet, or disable the setting to add the Contao css altogether (= layout setting).

If the changes in html should not be made then you need to show more, but it might not be an easy fix.

User

Default Re: Upgrade to R3 - layout issue with older browser

Ruud,

Thank you for your reply. This change is getting to difficult for me. Since it only impacts older browsers, and the site is for a closed user group anyway, I will just tell members impacted to upgrade to the latest browser.