Thread: How does contao 3 files Synchronize works.

Default How does contao 3 files Synchronize works.

Hi there,
    In Contao >3 there is a new concept for the file system. Each time you upload a file, you have to Synchronize it, in order to use it in download or content element Image.

Now my concern is, I have site with over 10000 pictures and more coming up every now and then. Although there is an option to exclude folders, but in my case I can't exclude it, I need to use these in news or content element. I tried to synchronize my file system but it die with following error.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in /home/hyp/www/contao301/system/modules/core/library/Contao/File.php on line 594

Can anyone tell me what should it do?
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

New user

Default Re: How does contao 3 files Synchronize works.

Hi,

I think that the problem is not in Contao CMS. The problem is the server where you have hosted web site.

Contact your hosting provider and explains the problem so that you can help.
    Consultor y Formador SEO
    http://www.seosemprofesional.com

Default Re: How does contao 3 files Synchronize works.

Thanks but no thanks.

It is clear to me, out of memory or out of execution time on server is related to server. But on the other hand why would one come to this limit?

Ok. Let me put the question in another words. Does Contao synchronize scans every files and folders, every time when I click Synchronize Link?

EDIT:
    Yes, Contao scans all the files in file system apart from excluded folder in the settings, every time when you click the link Synchronize. I should have read the code before posting here.

And FYI https://github.com/contao/core/issues/5232
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world