Thread: Depricated .tpl files problem

New user

Default Depricated .tpl files problem

Hi there.
    Here is the core of my problem:
    "Instead of the previous .tpl file extension, templates in Contao 2.10 either use .html5 for HTML5 templates or .xhtml for XHTML templates. For reasons of backwards compatibility, .tpl files will still be supported in version 2.10, however they are marked as deprecated.

The back end completely switched to HTML5, so you only have to rename the back end templates of your own modules (file extension .html5 instead of .tpl). In the front end, you should duplicate each template and pro*vide both an .html5 and an .xhtml version. In all cases, please adjust the markup if necessary."

My problem is that Im not sure how to do this: "...in the front end, you should duplicate each template and pro*vide both an .html5 and an .xhtml version. In all cases, please adjust the markup if necessary."

Can anybody give me a short step by step of how to provide both an .html5 and an .xhtml version of my .tlp files?

Thanks in advance

Experienced user

Default Re: Depricated .tpl files problem

You need to copy each .tpl file in the templates directories (/templates and /system/modules/..../templates (... is name extention). Rename each copy to *.html5 and change the html inside so it is html5 valid. You can either copy each file twice and rename the second copy .xhtml or rename each .tpl itself to .xhtml. There may be reasons against renaming the .tpl so I'd recommend copying twice.

New user

Default Re: Depricated .tpl files problem

Hi Ruud.
    Thanks for your reply. I will try :D
    Regards Ulrik