Thread: create website mirror

User

Default create website mirror

Hi
    I'm going to create a mirror for my website at another hosting. (same domain with load balancing or DNS magic)

I'm going to use something like this:
    1. rsync for files as master <->master
    2. set replication for database in the "master <-> master " way. (I have a user registration so I can not have only one master DB.)

But I have a contao related question:
    How I can reset cache on second master after edit something in first one? I also think about having only one instance of backend which could be opened by special url, and then do some magic, but I can not see any hooks related to maintenance.

I wonder is there any special steps I should do related to contao for that, except what I already thought about?

I also don't really know any solutions for "geographical" routing. Could someone comment on this too if you already have an experience.

Thank you in advance.

User

Default Re: create website mirror

Another possible solution: move everything to AWS or similar cloud, and set DB as master, (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/--ljaEG6Rz_k/U ... on+AWS.jpg)

but I'm not sure how to solve latency problem even if I setup TTL based load balancer - servers are placed in same DC.

I could probably setup several regions in different DC - Amazon USA, UK etc...

Does anyone have an experience with this?

Experienced user

I don't know how to invalidate the cache, but it may be that the extension "syncCto" does just that. Perhaps you can see how it was done: https://contao.org/en/extension-list/view/syncCto.html

User

Thank you Ruud.

I'll take a look on it, looks promising