Thread: 3.0.0 DB FS is rubbish! Never works!

Experienced user

Default 3.0.0 DB FS is rubbish! Never works!

Contao 3.0.0 File System STILL not working right. What the %$@$! now. I hate this new DB FS. It's just not working.

I can't sync, I can't get the files to be shown. I transfer them via FTP using my CODA program, and then Contao, just refuses to sync and see them. It also things some files are duplicates because they have the same name, that is utter rubbish. The files are in completely different folders.

I use my one Contao system to send out Invitations for design review. This system has tons of folder and tons of files, to have to run a sync each time is way too time consuming.

leo keeps saying: "Is it still doing it on the latest build" So how am I supposed to now download unstable software and install that on my production 3.0.0 server. How do I know what was changes to make it work, is it only DC_Folder.php or other files too? He already said it was changed, but it wasn't, as you can see it's still not working (below)

If there is one reason NOT to upgrade, it's this FS mess. This is the ONLY thing I've had a MAJOR problem with on 3.0.0.
    :evil:

Anyone have any ideas? Mess, mess, mess!!!!!

Code:
     Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception with message Query error: Duplicate entry 'files/events/aplus/20121127-russiaincentive/x.gif' for key 'path' (UPDATE tl_files SET id='61', pid='1947', tstamp='1354121994', type='file', path='files/events/aplus/20121127-russiaincentive/x.gif', extension='gif', hash='693ea06c1085a78185026f8a04d27a10', found='', name='x.gif', meta=NULL WHERE id='61') thrown in /home/eventfgp/public_html/system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Statement.php on line 317
    #0 /home/eventfgp/public_html/system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Statement.php(261): Contao\Database\Statement->query()
    #1 /home/eventfgp/public_html/system/modules/core/library/Contao/Model.php(230): Contao\Database\Statement->execute('61')
    #2 /home/eventfgp/public_html/system/modules/core/drivers/DC_Folder.php(2182): Contao\Model->save()
    #3 /home/eventfgp/public_html/system/modules/core/classes/Backend.php(382): Contao\DC_Folder->sync()
    #4 /home/eventfgp/public_html/contao/main.php(121): Contao\Backend->getBackendModule('files')
    #5 /home/eventfgp/public_html/contao/main.php(319): Main->run()
    #6 {main}

Default Re: 3.0.0 DB FS is rubbish! Never works!

I too consider it as a something unstable. As I have mentioned here, its a time bomb, which will explode sooner or later.
    https://community.contao.org/en/view...php?f=6&t=5999
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world