Thread: smart_backend_theme - conflict with customerNote

User

Default smart_backend_theme - conflict with customerNote

The very nice extension Smart Backend Theme for Contao 3.0.3 includes a "sticky footer" that reduces the amount of scrolling up and down in the admin area main column. It also cleans up the left hand navigation in the Admin area.

If you activate the extension "backend_information_system", the "Sticky Footer" is no longer "sticky" and is pushed down tbelow the bottom of browser window which makes the sticky footer no longer visible without scrolling.

(Note: The "backend_information_system" module is named "customerNote" in the Settings/Inactive Extensions area which caused some confusion trying to determine which extension to deactivate when troubleshooting. This extension looks like it might be a good replacement for the outdated "Help Desk" extension.)

I've tried to find a workaround for the conflict, as I think that these three extensions are very complementary of each other for the features that they offer. I'd like to be able to have all three working together.

Anybody have any suggestions as to how to get these working together? I suspect it is an overlapping css issue, as each is specifying css for the .tl_submit_container for the Contao admin area.

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA

User

Default Re: smart_backend_theme - conflict with customerNote

I got a response from the devleopmer of the customerNote extension. That extension was developed as a paid custom extension for a client, and the developer is not planning on making routine updates to the extension. If someone can identify the issue and recommend a solution, they will make the changes in the extension, but other than that, no work on keeping the extension current is planned.

I've decided to remove the customerNote extension to continue using the Smart Backend Theme which I believe is a very useful extension for Contao 3 series.