Thread: Add pages with GET parameters to search engine

New user

Default Add pages with GET parameters to search engine

Hi everyone,

I apologize in advance for my english, I'm French! :mrgreen:

I am actually facing a problem with Contao search engine. I developed a module which permits to store detailed product informations and then displays those products on a frontend page. But the issue is that my page needs the product id as a GET parameter. So the URL of my page is like this one:

mywebsite.com/product-page.html?id=1

So I wanted that the search engine indexes my product pages. I used the "getSearchablePages" hook like that:

Code:
    class HookSearchProducts extends Frontend
    {
       public function addProductPages($arrPages, $intRoot=0)
       {
          $objArticle = $this->Database->query("SELECT * FROM tl_produits");

$domain = $this->Environment->base;

while ($objArticle->next())
          {
             $newPages[] = $domain . "fiche-produit/id/" . $objArticle->id . ".html";
          }

$arr =  array_merge($arrPages, $newPages);

return $arr;
       }
    }
    But it doesn't work with this way. When I manually rebuild the search index in the back-office all my product pages are listed correctly, but none of them appears in the "tl_search" table, except the page without the GET parameter.

However, words of my product pages are correctly indexed. If I search one of the words of my pages, I get a results list where the first result points to the "product-page.html" page (without any GET parameter, which doesn't display my product).

Is there any way to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance to those who reflect on my problem.

Experienced user

Default Re: Add pages with GET parameters to search engine

Try generating your URLs (the ones that are actually click-able in the content of the page) in your custom module in a "friendly" format, e.g.

mywebsite.com/product-page.html/items/1
    -or-
    mywebsite.com/product-page.html/id/1

If you aren't using a folder url extension, and if I'm not mistaken Contao will automatically interpret "id" or "items" as a GET parameter and add it to the GET array automatically (as it would for all 2nd-level folders in the URL).

If you ARE using a folder url extension and want to use "id", you need to add "id" to the $GLOBALS['URL_KEYWORDS'] array (which you can put in your config file).
    Brian

New user

Default Re: Add pages with GET parameters to search engine

Thank you for your answer. I tried both solutions, but none works as I expect. Even with $GLOBALS['URL_KEYWORDS'] array, I still have the search results pointing to my page without any get parameter. I don't have any idea of what could cause that.