Thread: trouble installing catalog module

New user

Default trouble installing catalog module

I'm having trouble installing the catalog module: https://contao.org/en/extension-list/view/catalog.html

It's not in the repository, so I've tried a manual install with the extension manager. The installation seemed to go fine, but I now get a HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error) on my site.

And when I go to http://www.mysite.com/contao/install.php I get this:

Code:
    Warning: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, null given in …/system/modules/core/library/Contao/System.php on line 110
    #0 [internal function]: __error(2, 'in_array() expe...', '/nfs/home/deb68...', 110, Array)
    #1 …/system/modules/core/library/Contao/System.php(110): in_array('getInstance', NULL)
    #2 …/system/modules/core/library/Contao/Controller.php(2415): Contao\System->import('CatalogExt')
    #3 …/system/modules/core/dca/tl_article.php(17): Contao\Controller->loadDataContainer('tl_page')
    #4 …/system/modules/core/library/Contao/Controller.php(2403): include('/nfs/home/deb68...')
    #5 …/system/modules/core/library/Contao/DcaExtractor.php(280): Contao\Controller->loadDataContainer('tl_article')
    #6 …/system/modules/core/library/Contao/DcaExtractor.php(109): Contao\DcaExtractor->createExtract()
    #7 …/system/modules/core/library/Contao/DcaExtractor.php(459): Contao\DcaExtractor->__construct('tl_article')
    #8 …/system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Installer.php(258): Contao\DcaExtractor::createAllExtracts()
    #9 …/system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Installer.php(106): Contao\Database\Installer->getFromDca()
    #10 …/system/modules/core/library/Contao/Database/Installer.php(38): Contao\Database\Installer->compileCommands()
    #11 …/contao/install.php(227): Contao\Database\Installer->generateSqlForm()
    #12 …/contao/install.php(936): InstallTool->run()
    #13 {main}

Fatal error: Class 'CatalogExt' not found in /nfs/home/fro99591/domains/mysite.com/public_html/system/modules/core/library/Contao/System.php on line 110
    Here is what I did:
    • Downloaded the module's zip file: Contao_catalog_20000004_61.zip from here https://contao.org/system/modules/re...bc00259075ac7e ;[/*:m:3ngwvjyq]
    • Extracted the zip file locally and uploaded the folder "catalog" to my site. I uploaded it to this folder: "mysite.com/public_html/system/modules/" (see attached screenshot of where it is now) ;[/*:m:3ngwvjyq]
    • In the site backend went to the extension manager, clicked install extension, searched for "catalog" and clicked the install button ;[/*:m:3ngwvjyq]
    • Received a success message ;[/*:m:3ngwvjyq]
    • Tried opening the site and got the HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error) ...[/*:m:3ngwvjyq]

My setup
    • Fresh install of Contao version 3.0.5 through Installatron[/*:m:3ngwvjyq]
    • Shared server running PHP 5.3 and MySQL 5.5[/*:m:3ngwvjyq]

Help would be much appreciated ...

User

Default Re: trouble installing catalog module

To the best of my knowledge, the Catalog Module does not work with Contao 3, hence it does not appear in your repository.
    It apparently will only work up to version 2.11, beyond this they are working with MetaModels.

Please refer to thread 'Catalog and Contao 3' viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5274
    or look in section Contao extensions / Extensions support for support.

I have not used this module myself
    geung

New user

Default Re: trouble installing catalog module

Thank you, yes I got it working with version 2.11