Thread: Getting started with themes

User

Default Getting started with themes

Hello Contao community members!
    I'm a web developer and very new to Contao, basically I am a Wordpress fan. But sometimes i need things which are out of Wordpresses borders. So I chose Contao. I have been using Wordpress for 4-5 years now, and I can see that Contao is totally different (which is normal, because it's a totally different CMS ). I would like to use Contao for professionally designed sites, using different grids or CSS frameworks and here I'm totally lost. I checked other topics here in the forum, and the beginners guide, too, but there are many things which are not clear. Because my German knowledge is not too good, and I didn't find any good book/article about this, I will try here, hopefully there is somebody who has a little time for me to explain some things (if you know some english books/articles, I would be glad for it, too).
    So my problems:

* yes, I have other problems, too, but I hope if I find an answer for these, I can figure out the other things, too.

The most of the things I found in the admin backend (layouts, modules, etc), but I can't see the files, I don't know how to add custom php for example for the menu, or start the page with the conditionals. And it's a little bit weird to make a website with mouseclicks, i feel like everytime Contao says to me this.

If somebody has some tipps/tricks how to start || came from another CMS (like Wordpress) I would be happy if could share some ideas.
    Thanks!

User

Default Re: Getting started with themes

Hi there,
    The questions above are not relevant anymore, I found the answers for them, only I have no idea how to delete my own post

grtz,
    Zoltan

Experienced user

Default Re: Getting started with themes

Well, usually you do not delete your own posts. Can you share the answers? Future searches for the same thing can be faster answered.