Thread: Module Events Subscription

User

Default Module Events Subscription

I installed the module events_subscription. It makes it brilliantly easy for a member to subscribe to an event; and that is just what I need.

The event_list_module provides an overview of all events to subscribe to. When I use this module with the event_list_subscribe template the resulting page lists all events with the correct times, but the event dates are missing. I am not a programmer, but looked at the template and that has the date included. Any suggestions on what to try next?

This is the template code:

<div class="event layout_list<?php echo $this->classList; ?>">
    <h2>title; ?> (<?php if ($this->day): echo $this->day; ?>, <?php endif; echo $this->date; if ($this->time): ?>, <?php echo $this->time; endif; ?>)"<?php echo $this->target; ?>><?php echo $this->link; ?></h2>
    <?php if ($this->time || $this->span): ?>
    <p class="time"><?php echo $this->time . $this->span; ?></p>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <div class="ce_text">
    <?php echo $this->details; ?>
    </div>

Experienced user

Default Re: Module Events Subscription

Is there not an option in the module settings that you can check to include fields like date, time and author. That is what the default events module has afaik.

User

Ruud,

i can't find an option to set the date.

I have added a statement to display the date in event_list_subscribe.xhtml which helps me for now. See below in green. I do not understand what the code between brackets actually does. It seems it is not being executed. See below in red.

<div class="event layout_list<?php echo $this->classList; ?>">
    <h2>title; ?> (<?php if ($this->day): echo $this->day; ?>, <?php endif; echo $this->date; if ($this->time): ?>, <?php echo $this->time; endif; ?>)"<?php echo $this->target; ?>><?php echo $this->link; ?></h2>
    <?php echo $this->date; ?>
    <?php if ($this->time || $this->span): ?>
    <p class="time"><?php echo $this->time . $this->span; ?></p>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <div class="ce_text">
    <?php echo $this->details; ?>
    </div>

Experienced user

What you did is correct.

If you look at the generated html you will see that the date is in twice. But the part in red in your template is inside the title attribute of the anchor, so it is displayed when you move your mouse over the header. So there was no problem, you simply had to add the code to a visible place in the html! Sorry, I missed that the first time I looked at the html...

User

Ruud,

Thank you for your support and for clarifying this. I should have seen this when I moved the mouse over, just did not think of it.

Rian.