Thread: SAchema Data in the <HTML> tag

New user

Default SAchema Data in the <HTML> tag

Hi,

I need to put some data into the page <HTML> tag along the lines of <html itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/LocalBusiness">

How do I put information into the <HTML> tag in cantao?

Thanks.

Experienced user

Default Re: SAchema Data in the <HTML> tag

You can override the default template. The best way is to copy the fe_default template using the templates module, then edit the copy.

1. Go to the Contao backend[/*:m:3qbdkvsj]
    2. In the menu open Layout->Templates[/*:m:3qbdkvsj]
    3. Click "New Template" (right side of page, above templates list)[/*:m:3qbdkvsj]
    4. Under "Original template" find fe_default, select that and click "Create template"[/*:m:3qbdkvsj]
    5. The templates list now has the fe_default template and you can safely edit that file[/*:m:3qbdkvsj]

note: the original templates are copied to the /templates directory. You can edit the template there with any editor you like.
    note 2: You may copy templates out of their source location into the folder /templates. Same thing as procedure above.
    note 3: in Contao 3 the system doesn't see files that you copy outside of the backend (as I sugested in noet 2). You should purge the cache when creating new templates outside of Contao 3. Contao will refind all files.

New user

Default Re: SAchema Data in the <HTML> tag

Thank you for your help, it is appreciated.