Thread: Changing language of modules

New user

Default Changing language of modules

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Contao and just set up my own theme, but somehow all modules e.g. login form, password request form are in English, yet it has to be in Dutch.
    Can I possibly change this somewhere, or should I manually do this? Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
    Dennis van Vliet

Experienced user

Default Re: Changing language of modules

All of Contao core has been translated. In Contao 3 this is bundled with Contao. In Contao 2 you have to download the language pack from the regular Contao download page and follow instructions (extracting the zipped files into the correct location)

Also, Contao takes the default languag from your browser to decide what language to display in the frontend. I somehow seem to recall there have been changes so it takes the page language for the frontend, but I'm not sure. For the backend you select the language when logging in.

Default Re: Changing language of modules

Quote Originally Posted by dennisvv
    Can I possibly change this somewhere, or should I manually do this?
    Take care to set the right language code in the settings of your page of type "Website root":

"Layout" > "Site structure" > edit the "Website root" page settings > "DNS settings" > "Language" > enter the language code "nl"

Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options