Thread: Contao 3 filemanager

Default Contao 3 filemanager

In the past (before contao3) I was able to present a folder to the front end users with daily reports automatically generated. How can I automaticlly sync every morning the folders so that my files are picked-up?

thx

Experienced user

Default Re: Contao 3 filemanager

I think you need cron. There is an extension called cron or you can setup real cron at the server.

There is a description in this blog how to use cron: http://blog.qzminski.com/2010/05/how-to ... ur-module/

Module config
    First of all we need to assign a task to the TYPOlight cron. This is done in module’s config file. Open the config/config.php and add:

Code:
    /**
     * Cron jobs
     */
    $GLOBALS['TL_CRON']['daily'][] = array('LeagueTable', 'getData');
    Cron tasks can be executed either hourly, daily or weekly. In the array we specify the php class and function that will be executed.

Get the data
    The LeagueTable.php contains following:

Code:
    <?php

class LeagueTable extends Frontend
    {

public function getData()
      {
        // curl_init
        // regexp & DOM
        $this->Database->prepare("UPDATE tl_leagueinfo SET tstamp=?, table_info=?, WHERE id=1")->execute(time(), $arrTable);
      }

}

?>
    There are two important things here. The function you execute has to be public, but that’s obvious.

Secondly, the class has to extend Frontend! At the first, I have put this method into the ModuleLeagueTable class which extends Module. That was a mistake, because cron job will not execute unless its class extends Frontend.

Also, if you use a modified frontend template fe_*.tpl, do not forget to put the

Code:
    [img]<?php echo $this->base; ?>cron.php[/img]
    Or your code won’t be executed
    This description assumes the Contao cron. You need some adjustments to use a real cron. Easiest is to open cron.php with the real cron on the shortest timespan you require and let Contao handle what and when.

Thanx for the answer, but i know I can schedule tasks via cron but the problem is the new file sync script in contao3.
    Only file synced with the sync script are displayed in the front-end. This means I woul need to click evry day on the sync script to have the files displayed

Experienced user

Run the sync script through cron

Where is the sync script located?

Experienced user

It is DC_Folder::sync(). So you have to use/create a DataContainer object that is DC_Folder and call sync(). The sync script in Contao gets ran by the Backend class (Creates the datacontainer at around 253, calls sync at around 424 ($dc->$act()).

thanx!

New user

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud View Post
    It is DC_Folder::sync(). So you have to use/create a DataContainer object that is DC_Folder and call sync(). The sync script in Contao gets ran by the Backend class (Creates the datacontainer at around 253, calls sync at around 424 ($dc->$act()).
    Hey Ruud can you give a concrete / complete job-script? I have no clue about php and would like to run a cronjob that simulates the synchronisation button in the filemanager system.

I would be very thankful if someone could help me out.

Nick

New user

Quote Originally Posted by freeyland View Post
    thanx!

Hey freeyland can you give a concrete / complete job-script? I have no clue about php and would like to run a cronjob that simulates the synchronisation button in the filemanager system.

I would be very thankful if someone could help me out.

Nick

New user

Default running filesync

I tried to do it like that (stupid as I am):

path to script: system/bin/filesync

but that didn't work.
    How can I do that?

Nick