Thread: Is it possible with Isotope ?

User

Default Is it possible with Isotope ?

Hello,

We are pleased to use Contao for our npo's website and we are looking for an ecommerce solution so i'd like to know if Isotope can fit our goals the way we're working.

1. Is it possible to have a master catalog, only accessible in BE, where we manage all products, prices and availablity ?
    2. Then to have different slaves catalogs for FE each with selected products from master's, open and close dates and that we rely to specifics groups of clients ?

All that without having to modify one php code line, of course ;-)

Thanks for your answers.

User

Default Re: Is it possible with Isotope ?

No you can't do this out of the box. I don't know of any other e-commerce system that allows this either though.

Sounds like you might need something bespoke, all the e-commerce systems i've used just have one product catalog that is managed in the backend.

User

Default Re: Is it possible with Isotope ?

Hello,

I was expecting your answer.

I'm a bit surprised than no e-commerce system propose these purposes.
    Many of them can manage different groups of clients with different prices charts and different points of sale. We are not so far from different children catalogs…

Perhaps this could be a feature request…

User

Default Multi-catalog with Isotope ?

Hello,

After some times, I send my question again, hoping time made its changes…

I'll probably have two e-commerce websites to do :
    - one simple so I'll can learn Isotope with it ;
    - one more complex because I'll need one general catalog with all the products and some "sub-"catalogs with some selection of products (some products could be in many sub catalogs). Each client will only have access to the sub-catalog he is recorded into.

For the second one, I know the last version of Prestashop can do it calling it multishop. But, knowing and using Contao, I would prefer to use it and Isotope…

Do you know if this could be know possible ?

Thanks