Thread: Ticker Does Not Work in Contao 3.1.0

User

Default Ticker Does Not Work in Contao 3.1.0

The Ticker extension does not seem to be working in Contao 3.1.0. Ticker runs once in Contao 3.1.0, and when completing the first scroll back to its start point prior to loading the next line of text, the Ticker stops on the 2nd letter in the text line and then doesn't fire again.

This is the second javascript extension that I've run into that does NOT work in Contao 3.1.0. T he other one was "FlexSlider" but it was updated over the weekend by the developer and is now "up to date"f or Contao 3.1.0.

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA

New user

Default Re: Ticker Does Not Work in Contao 3.1.0

Hello Ernest,

it is not so nice, to hear that the ticker extension does not work for you. I myself have the ticker in use and it runs in contao 3.1.0 without errors (see at http://www.softleister.de).

Do you have special characters in the text at that point where the ticker is crashing?
    Your ticker texts you should see in the source code as an array. Are there complete present?
    Do you have other javascript extensions that do not tolerate together?
    (You can test it by temporary deactivating the other extension)

Do you have a URL for me, so I can have a look at your frontend?

Hagen Klemp
    Berlin, Germany

User

Gut abend Hagen!

I do have other scripts running, but if deactivate them in Contao settings, the behavior is still there.

After looking at your questions, I think I have a handle on what is going on. The error is occurring when I use an InsertTag as the redirect to another page in the Ticker Text URL box in Contao 3.1.0.

If I use

Code:
    {{link::3}}
    OR
    Code:
    {{link::service.html}}
    as the InsertTag for the Ticker, then the behavior described above (1st Ticker ends and the second line does not load) appears. When it scrolls back to start, the script stops on the second letter of the Ticker text). In this case the InsertTag was in the second ticker text element. No special characters, just text line, no HTML or anything else.

If I place the Ticker Text with the InsertTag as the "first" Ticker, it does not load, but shows some malformed text and no scrolling effect.

The Ticker works okay if you use a fully qualified URL for the redirect link in the Ticker Text area.

ALSO, if you click on the Blue Ball to select a page for the redirect in the Ticker 3.1.0, I get an error screen and this appears in the error log:

Code:
    [11-Jun-2013 13:03:11] 
    PHP Fatal error: Could not load the data container configuration in /home/wavedev7/public_html/system/modules/core/drivers/DC_Table.php on line 149
    #0 [internal function]: __error(256, 'Could not load ...', '/home/wavedev7/...', 149, Array)
    #1 /home/wavedev7/public_html/system/modules/core/drivers/DC_Table.php(149): trigger_error('Could not load ...', 256)
    #2 /home/wavedev7/public_html/contao/page.php(80): Contao\DC_Table->__construct(NULL)
    #3 /home/wavedev7/public_html/contao/page.php(128): PagePicker->run()
    #4 {main}
    Hope this helps, thanks for the quick response. As a work around I can just put in a fully qualified URL for a page redirect for the time being. Hope you can get the page picker and the InsertTag working.

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA

New user

Hello Ernest,

i think, there is no replacement for InsertTags included, but it is a good idea to do this (it is already in the help text).
    The error message in the page selector is also not normal.

I must create a new version of ticker, but it will take a few days, I have a lot to do at the moment.

Hagen