Thread: update from 0.2.11 to 1.4.1

New user

Default update from 0.2.11 to 1.4.1

How do I update my Isotope shop from version0.2.11 to the actual version 1.4.1 without loosing my data/layout? What should I keep in mind? Problem is Paypal: The orders don't find their way into the backend ...

Regards, Ludge

Experienced user

Default Re: update from 0.2.11 to 1.4.1

Lots has changed since 0.2.11 (though 1.4 would have been called 0.4 if they never decided to bump up to a 1.x series). It depends on what you changed how easy it will be.

1. BACKUP[/*:m:1dkfsonh]
    2. Make sure you backed up files and database[/*:m:1dkfsonh]
    3. Make a backup[/*:m:1dkfsonh]
    4. Check all the release notes to make sure nothing is removed or changed in a way that Isotope doesn't fit you anymore in a newer version. In the case it did change something drastically and you don't want it it may be easier to change the PayPal gateway code.[/*:m:1dkfsonh]
    5. If any extensions depend on Isotope check that they are compatible or can be updated to be compatible.[/*:m:1dkfsonh]
    6. Update Isotope and depending extensions using the extension repository.[/*:m:1dkfsonh]
    7. Custom made changes/extensions may no longer work, but you have to figure that out yourself.[/*:m:1dkfsonh]
    Don't forget to backup everything so you can rollback...