Thread: Use of Module Article List

New user

Default Use of Module Article List

I am looking into the module "Article List".

First: I am uncertain of the functionality of this module. From its name I assumed it would show me a list of articles placed elsewhere in the web-site, maybe with the extract of the article shown. Prferably with the ability to include only the newest articles.

Is this the intended functionality? Because when I look further into the module it might actually be intended to show a list of (buyable?) articles like caps, t-shirts, etc. It is build from a number of elements of various types just like an article itself.

Anyway, when I place this module on a page, I get one line formatted like an unnumbered list element and the text in this element is the name of the instance of the module. In the code it is formatted like a link (<a href=...) but the link actually leads nowhere (or rather to the same page).

New user

Default Re: Use of Module Article List

It took some time to get this topic pass the moderator so I have made some experiments while waiting.

Basically I have now mostly figured out how the Article List module works and I am able to build a page with a list of article names in the top followed by a short notice for each article (Resumee/Extract). Clicking on one of the elements in the list scrolls the page to make the corresponding article extract visible. Clicking on the Read more ... brings me to the full article on a page where the Article list is still placed on the top of the page.

So far, so good.

Now I would assume that while having one of the articles shown, clicking on another element in the article list would bring me to this other article. But no. Nothing happens. I have to use the Go back... to return to the list of article extracts and then click on the list element for the new article.

When I am displaying the article list together with the article extracts the link for each element in the list contains something like

"www.domain.dk/contao/index.php/actual-articles.html#article-1"

When I am displaying a full article (article-1) the links in the article list contains

"www.domain.dk"/contao/index.php/actual-articles/articles/article-1#article-2"