Thread: Google Analytics

New user

Default Google Analytics

Hi,

I have successfully finished my 2nd site with contao and am now facing the problem of including Google Analytics.

I've searched the Board and followed some of the hints given. So far I have done the following:

- Activated Google Analytics in my layouts
    - Created the analytics_google.html5 template and inserted my GA-xxxxx
    - Deleted the IP/Session check within the template (I don't mind if my own visits are counted)
    - Double checked with my written template with a new generated one, if I might have forgotten to add some include part.

I am not really sure what else I can check. After some consulting with google, some people had posted that the analytics_google.html5 should be in the root folder. This doesn't affect me because all template files I have created are in the root folder.
    Currently the site is running on Contao 3.1.0. and is available under http://www.bunthclothing.com.

If somebody could give me a push in the right direction I'd be very thankful.

Thanks in Advance!

Thomas

imported_Nina
    Gast

Default Re: Google Analytics

Hm, there is Google Analytics code in the website. If you don't see it, make sure that you are not logged into the backend while checking out the frontend code. Contao disables to code for you as long as take a look as logged in backend-user (so that GA doesn't count you).

New user

Ahh, sorry I forgot to mention, that for the time beeing I added the GoogleAnalytics Code via the Template to ensure the page gets tracked.

Did you change the template "analytics_google.html5" directly from the back end (i.e. the corresponding back end module "Templates") or via (S)FTP/SSH? If the latter then you may have to clean up the Contao file cache.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options