Thread: findFirstPublishedRoot ! Contao 3

Default findFirstPublishedRoot ! Contao 3

In contao 3 PageModel, there is not method to find a first published root. Only nearest is. \PageModel::findFirstPublishedRootByHostAndLanguag e(string $strHost, mixed $varLanguage, array $arrOptions);
    which needs few parameters

So I've to do like:
    Code:
    $objFirstPublishedRoot = $this->Database->prepare("SELECT id, language FROM tl_page WHERE pid=0 AND published=1 ORDER BY sorting")->execute()->limit(1);
    Is there a better way?
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

Default Re: findFirstPublishedRoot ! Contao 3

Try to search in your Contao files for 'findFirstPublishedRootByHostAndLanguage'

In Frontend.php line 315 you find this

$objRootPage = \PageModel::findFirstPublishedRootByHostAndLanguag e($host, \Input::get('language'));

Did you try that?
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

Default Re: findFirstPublishedRoot ! Contao 3

the method: findFirstPublishedRootByHostAndLanguage is there as I've found it already. But what I'm looking for is, without having to pass the parameters like $host, $language, get to the first published root. Something like \PageModel::findFirstPublishedRoot();
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world