Thread: Restore news?

User

Default Restore news?

In the past I have been mucking around with tags in the news module. It did not give me the result I wanted. I deleted the tags module, but it still shows up in news.

The newsmodule was out of use. Now I want to display it again but the list is not ordered properly. It shows in this order:

16-07-2013
    28-02-2013
    25-06-2013

I cant see why, i have checked ignore tags, just in case. but nothing there.
    Is there a way i can restore the newsmodule/database back to basic?

Experienced user

Default Re: Restore news?

Actually, when you remove an extension, then all code that came standard is removed. But you would normally use the extension repository and that also knows which files outside of the extension directory (/system/modules/modulename) have been installed.

You may also want to check that you don't have any extensions still installed on which the tags extension depends. (tags_news depends on tags)

Last thing to check are custom templates you may have (normally in /templates)

Restoring your database is easy. Contao does that for you, but the database is not the reason the tags are showing in the first place. Changing the database before you find the code that displays the tags will break your website (at least partially). To restore go to System->Extension manager->Update database. (yourdomain.com/contao/main.php?do=repository_manager&update=database)