Thread: Where can I download Contao 3.1.1

User

Default Where can I download Contao 3.1.1

My site has been hacked and I would therefore like to manually reinstall all the Contao 3.1.1 files. I could only find the link for the latest Contao version (3.1.2) but upgrading is not possible due to incompatible extensions. I also can't use the live update because once I bring the site it will each time change the htaccess file and some php files.

If someone knows where to download 3.1.1 then that is much appreciated.

Experienced user

Default Re: Where can I download Contao 3.1.1

Extensions that work on 3.1.1 will also work on 3.1.2. I doubt it to be otherwise.

How was your site hacked? I sure hope no vulnerability in Contao caused this? I am sure Leo would like to hear more about the case if the source of the hack is unclear. Just to be sure...

In case you don't believe me: https://github.com/contao/core/archive/3.1.1.zip

User

Thanks for your clarification. To answer your question, I have no idea how the site has been hacked. I have a Contao and a Wordpress site externally hosted under one account. Both sites are hacked so I do not think that it is Contao related.

According to the hosting provider my FTP password may have been captured by some key-logging software, but I have rescanned my pc and have not found any evidence for that.

If you are interested I can give you a list of the Contao files that were changed. They are nearly all java scripts plus some index.php and main.php files and the htaccess file.

I have just been able to run live-update for version 3.1.1. with some extra tricks and the check-tool now reports that the Contao installation is correct. I had some issues with the htaccess file still being overwritten but I solved that with the hosting provider.

Time for testing, if that still reports issues then I will have to reinstall a backup. The sites are preliminary for fun (not for commercial purposes), so no big disaster, but I have spent a lot of work on it since the last backup.

Experienced user

I would investigate some more in the source of the hack. If your hostingprovider would change the pwd for you and you do not store it on your pc you can rule out the logger. It is more likely to be Wordpress then Contao. But you can test that by disabling any one using .htaccess so no files can be accessed. If that solves the problem then it was whichever part you closed.

User

Ruud,

This hosting provider does not support SFTP, I think that in itself is already a risk that I can't rule out.

Rian.