Thread: Upgrade error contao 2 to 3 - live update

New user

Default Upgrade error contao 2 to 3 - live update

Hi,

I have been using contao for a while for my website. Then I was stupid enough to allow the live update to upgrade to version 3.1.

The upgrade stops at "updating database tables". When I press the button to update I get:
    "Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class tl_extension in /home/sibirisk/public_html/system/modules/development/dca/tl_extension.php on line 257"

Now I can't even start the installation program again and my website is totally down. Since I AM NOT a programmer I have no way of knowing what to do. Can I download the earlier version and re-install that or will the database not work if I do that? I'm totally frustrated and lost.
    All extensions are upgraded to the right version or uninstalled. The database is the correct version (got a question about that before I upgraded so I checked it).

http://www.tunsjis.se/
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception with message Could not find template "news_full-wpic" thrown in system/modules/core/library/Contao/TemplateLoader.php on line 127

#0 system/modules/core/library/Contao/Controller.php(74): Contao\....etc..etc..etc..

Please help!

User

Frage

Could you pleas tell the community how you solved the Problem?

Using a Forum means, to help others with same difficilises posting the solutions too.

I am not sure if Marianne already solved the problem ... the thread seems quite new to me.
    Contao Community-Wiki - Contao Ticket System (Bug tracker) - Contao Check (system diagnosis)

Your Contao version is not working correctly?
    Download the
    Contao Check, install the /check/-folder in the root level of your webspace and open it in your browser with yourdomain.com/check/ - Click on the "Validate installation" link and see if all Contao files are available or if some are missing/corrupt.
    If files are missing/corrupt, download the Contao package (make sure, you choose the exact same version as your available installation). Scroll down on this
    Github Download-page to find the correct download-button for your version. Upload the original files and validate the installation again.

My company in Berlin/Brandenburg - Germany: Webdesign with Contao (TYPOlight)

User

I guess I have troubles to interpret the english data format

But It seams the Website is migrated to Contao 3. I see a assets folder in the source code! And there are no more errors on the page.

My experience with errors like: Could not find template "news_full-wpic" is, to create the basic template again in the BE (Templates section) name it as mentioned in the error message. So at least it is possible to see the website (even if there are missing components (missing pictures)). Now you just have to find the news_full-wpic and put it on the right place. News with Picture should be available again