Thread: Moving contao to new domain

New user

Default Moving contao to new domain

Hi,

I`m really new to contao and I`m facing some issues.
    My friend has a website (http://www.newmedicalfrontiers.com/) which is using contao and she asked me to change a few things there. But before I do anything I want to understand more the system, so I decided to copy the website to my own domain where I can test everything without hurting the original website.
    I installed contao on my website (http://www.ceciliawebdesign.com) and imported the database with mySQL, but I the website is not working.
    If I try to open the website (http://www.ceciliawebdesign.com) it redirects to http://www.ceciliawebdesign.com/index.p ... ology.html (I don`t know why) and the website says "Page not found". If I try to open the starting page http://www.ceciliawebdesign.com/index.php it says again "Page not found".
    When I log in to contao this error is waiting for me:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in …/system/modules/backend/templates/be_welcome.html5 on line 20
    #0 …/system/modules/backend/templates/be_welcome.html5(20): __error(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/home/ceciliaw/...', 20, Array)
    #1 …/system/libraries/Template.php(245): include('/home/ceciliaw/...')
    #2 …/system/modules/backend/BackendTemplate.php(49): Template->parse()
    #3 …/contao/main.php(204): BackendTemplate->parse()
    #4 …/contao/main.php(95): Main->welcomeScreen()
    #5 …/contao/main.php(304): Main->run()
    #6 {main}

And in the system logs:
    Page ID "103" can only be accessed via domain "ceciliawebdesign.com" (current request via "www.ceciliawebdesign.com")
    This error is showing up for the other pages as well.

I compared the setup of the original webpage with mine, but it seems exactly the same to me, the only difference is that the original website`s contao version is 2.9.3 and the second one is on 2.11.12.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks

Hi there,
    Just a quick tips.
    1- did you change htaccess file? Or rename htaccess for the time being.
    2. did you run the install script? http://www.ceciliawebdesign.com/contao/install.php
    3. is there a domain name specified in the root page as (http://www.newmedicalfrontiers.com/), if so then remove it for the time being.

Make above changes on your copied website Not On the Original
    Last edited by tsarma; 10/08/2013 at 09:42.
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

New user

Hi

Thanks for the quick tips.

1. What should I change in the htaccess file?
    I have the htaccess file in system/config and it has this in it:
    order deny,allow
    deny from all

2. Yes, I ran the install tool

3. In the root page it was set to www.ceciliawebdesign.com
    With that when I try to open the page it says "Page not found" if I remove it, it opens a blank page.

1. Please download the Contao Check (link in my signature) and install the /check/-folder in the root level. Call it in your browser with www.ceciliawebdesign.com/check/ and click on the "Validate installation"-link. It tells you if all Contao files are correctly available.

2. Please check the informations in system/config/localconfig.php if it points to the correct MySQL database and if the path is set correctly.

3. Try to log into the Contao backend with www.ceciliawebdesign.com/contao/ - if you are able to log in, go to the site structure and edit the starting point. Check if there is an entry in the domain-field. If this domain field is set, it would not work with your domain, so simply clear the field.

Propably you'll also have to check path configs in the root level .htaccess and in other files. But let's talk about that after you checked the informations above.
    Contao Community-Wiki - Contao Ticket System (Bug tracker) - Contao Check (system diagnosis)

Your Contao version is not working correctly?
    Download the
    Contao Check, install the /check/-folder in the root level of your webspace and open it in your browser with yourdomain.com/check/ - Click on the "Validate installation" link and see if all Contao files are available or if some are missing/corrupt.
    If files are missing/corrupt, download the Contao package (make sure, you choose the exact same version as your available installation). Scroll down on this
    Github Download-page to find the correct download-button for your version. Upload the original files and validate the installation again.

My company in Berlin/Brandenburg - Germany: Webdesign with Contao (TYPOlight)

New user

Hi,

I ran the check and it brought up some problems:

Version
    Found a Contao 2.11.12 installation.
    Missing files
    ◦ contao/contao-uncompressed.js
    ◦ contao/password.php
    Corrupt files
    ◦ .htaccess.default
    ◦ contao/contao.js
    ◦ contao/file.php
    ◦ contao/files.php
    ◦ contao/help.php
    ◦ contao/index.php
    ◦ contao/install.php
    ◦ contao/main.php
    ◦ contao/page.php
    ◦ contao/popup.php
    ◦ contao/preview.php
    ◦ contao/switch.php
    ◦ cron.php
    ◦ index.php
    ◦ robots.txt
    ◦ share.php
    Your installation is not up to date.

I downloaded contao again and I copied over these files to my website and replaced the corrupt ones and placed the missing ones.

If I try to ran the check again, it shows the same information without thinking about it (the first time it took some time till it showed the results)

2. In the localconfig file it is using the right information. I can connect to my database through phpMyAdmin and I can see all the tables and if I change any information in the contao back end it shows up in the database.

3. I removed the domain from the starting point.

I forget to mention, I`m not sure it is relevant, but it is a multilingual site (English and German)

Thanks,
    Cecilia

Please make sure that you downloaded the correct version of Contao. According to your Contao Check it is an 2.11.12 version, so you need to download this version and upload the missing/corrupt files from this package: https://github.com/contao/core/archive/2.11.12.zip

Validate the installation again after that.

If the website is bi-lingual, make sure that you remove the URL from the domain-field in both starting points (DE and EN).

Is it working now? If not, please tell us what happens.
    Contao Community-Wiki - Contao Ticket System (Bug tracker) - Contao Check (system diagnosis)

Download the
    Contao Check, install the /check/-folder in the root level of your webspace and open it in your browser with yourdomain.com/check/ - Click on the "Validate installation" link and see if all Contao files are available or if some are missing/corrupt.
    If files are missing/corrupt, download the Contao package (make sure, you choose the exact same version as your available installation). Scroll down on this
    Github Download-page to find the correct download-button for your version. Upload the original files and validate the installation again.

More quick tips,
    1- if its multi-language, then is one of the root has "Language fallback" set in the settings?
    2. Are the pages and there within articles/contents are published?

New user

Sorry, I had a really blond moment. I copied the right files to the wrong place (to the original website) and not to my website. Now it looks better

Version
    Found a Contao 2.11.12 installation.
    Your installation is up to date.

The language fallback is set, and there is no url in the starting points.

If I try to open my website now, it shows a blank page with no errors.
    Last edited by cgegesy; 10/10/2013 at 00:06.

You didn't answer my point 2.
    2. Are the pages and there within articles/contents are published?

Your site seems like there isn't any content or at least articles and content elements are not published.

New user

yes, the pages and their articles are published:

1. I hope articles and content elements are not protected.
    2. Please check themes > layout : Front end modules, under Module there should be Article & under Column, there should be something like 'Main column', 'Left column' etc. Does your layout has these.?
    3. Articles > Display in, I hope is set correctly to what ever column you have defined in 2.

New user

1. No, they are not protected.
    2. Where can I find the layout?
    I attached a screenshot what I can see, when I click on themes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

On each row, second icon from your right hand. (icon like a page)

New user

2. I believe yes (see the attachments: Column setting.png, Article.png)
    3. For the start page the article is set to display in main column. (Articles_setting.png)

This is not a good sign, because it only shows one included module, nothing elese. There is definitely stuff missing. I just wonder how this happened, because you said you simply copied everything from the other website.

That's also the reason why you see blank pages. In the HTML-code you see the layout divs, but they have no content at all. But there is more missing (CSS) etc. It seems, that your page layouts miss a lot of stuff. If it's just about these missing things, you could try and set the same settings as in the original page layout manually.

Download the

for example:
    From your screen 2. You are telling your article should be in column header
    From your screen 3. But you have placed all the article in main column.

You didn't read my point 3 in previous answer

New user

Thanks for these tips.
    I deleted and imported the theme again and the website start to look like as it should be. There are still a few things missing, but it is much better.
    I just have one more error, what I can`t figure out in the system log:

Module class "" (module "contentbox") does not exist

When I go to theme - front end modules (see the attachment) I can see those contentboxes, but when I go to edit a record then, in the module type I can`t select it. So I believe this is the problem. Where can I fix it?

THanks

New user

I just found it. It was an extension.

So thanks for all the help.