Thread: MobileCore

User

Default MobileCore

Is there any documentation on using MobileCore? Even general steps on implementing it would be really helpful. I feel like a bull in a china shop trying to learn it as I'm breaking things as I move forward. Does anyone have some best practices hints for how to set things up so that I don't have to do a redirect (like set all widths as %'s?)?

I love the mobilenavigation extension as well, how very handy!! Any info on CSS selectors for that extension (or how to find out what they are)?

Thanks!

Hi Michelle-

I'm the original developer—the whole concept of MobileCore in 2.x was to allow you to customize content (modules/content elements) with your existing page layouts.

You will notice that in your Themes >Page Layouts that there are additional sections for mobile and tablet layouts, where you can specify things like custom stylesheets, modules, JS, etc...

I am happy to answer any questions you may have, but please know that for 3.x, the whole concept is replaced by the fact that you can specify separate mobile layouts per page, so it is not really needed. I will likely take things in a totally different direction for 3.x and try and implement a bootstrap framework like Zurb Foundation to replace things like mobile_navigation.

Let me know if you have questions!

User

Thanks so much for your offer of assistance! Very, very generous! We're working on going to C3 and will take care of things with what is available in the core.