Thread: Demo store - blank page

New user

Default Demo store - blank page

Hi,

I installed the demo store on my contao and it opens only a blank page.

My steps were:
    - installed contao (version 2.9.3)
    - if I run the check tool to validate the extension it says "Your installation is up to date."
    - installed isotope with all required extensions
    - imported the demo store with sql
    - there are no errors in system log or in the error log file
    - if I check the backend configuration, everything looks fine
    - in the site structure I can see the pages with layout assigned, also published, there is a root page
    - the layout has modules
    - I can see the stylesheets
    - for the webshop the store is configured, with products

So for me it all looks ok.
    Still when I want to see the frontend it shows a blank page without errors.

Any idea what could be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by cgegesy View Post
    - installed contao (version 2.9.3)
    - imported the demo store with sql
    If I'm not wrong the Isotope demo store was build with Contao 2.11.6. So, I suppose there could be problems when you import the SQL dump into an Contao 2.9.3 database structure.

- installed isotope with all required extensions
    Which version of Isotope you have installed?

- there are no errors in system log or in the error log file

Still when I want to see the frontend it shows a blank page without errors.
    Enable the "Display error messages" option in the back end system settings or add the following line to the local configuration file "system/config/localconfig.php":
    PHP Code:
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['displayErrors'] = true
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

1. I had to alter (add some columns) to some of the tables to be able to import the sql file. But I didn`t know that the demo was built to a certain contao version. If that is the problem I can upgrade my contao.
    2. I installed isotope 0.2.11.
    3. After enabling the error messages, I got this error:

Warning: Illegal offset type in /home/areshchu/public_html/bolt/system/modules/isotope/IsotopeProduct.php on line 722
    #0 /home/areshchu/public_html/bolt/system/modules/isotope/IsotopeProduct.php(722): __error(2, 'Illegal offset ...', '/home/areshchu/...', 722, Array)
    #1 /home/areshchu/public_html/bolt/system/modules/isotope/IsotopeProduct.php(384): IsotopeProduct->validateVariant()
    #2 /home/areshchu/public_html/bolt/system/modules/isotope/ModuleIsotopeProductList.php(177): IsotopeProduct->generate('iso_list_defaul...', Object(ModuleIsotopeProductList))
    #3 /home/areshchu/public_html/bolt/system/modules/frontend/Module.php(129): ModuleIsotopeProductList->compile()
    #4 /home/areshchu/public_html/bolt/system/modules/isotope/ModuleIsotopeProductList.php(70): Module->generate()
    #5 /home/areshchu/public_html/bolt/system/modules/frontend/ContentModule.php(72): ModuleIsotopeProductList->generate()
    #6 /home/areshchu/public_html/bolt/system/libraries/Controller.php(415): ContentModule->generate()
    #7 /home/areshchu/public_html/bolt/system/modules/frontend/ModuleArticle.php(173): Controller->getContentElement('1036')
    #8 /home/areshchu/public_html/bolt/system/modules/frontend/Module.php(129): ModuleArticle->compile()
    #9 /home/areshchu/public_html/bolt/system/modules/frontend/ModuleArticle.php(71): Module->generate()
    #10 /home/areshchu/public_html/bolt/system/libraries/Controller.php(348): ModuleArticle->generate(false)
    #11 /home/areshchu/public_html/bolt/system/libraries/Controller.php(221): Controller->getArticle('371', false, false, 'main')
    #12 /home/areshchu/public_html/bolt/system/modules/frontend/PageRegular.php(71): Controller->getFrontendModule('0', 'main')
    #13 /home/areshchu/public_html/bolt/index.php(198): PageRegular->generate(Object(DB_Mysql_Result))
    #14 /home/areshchu/public_html/bolt/index.php(333): Index->run()
    #15 {main}

If that is the problem I can upgrade my contao.
    I installed isotope 0.2.11
    I would try to install the version shipped in the archive "isotope_demostore_1.3.zip" (i.e. Contao 2.11.6) and import the SQL dump into your database. Then, if all is fine you can update to the latest stable version (Isotope eCommerce 1.4.7)
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

I reinstalled contao using the right version and now it works fine, thanks.