Thread: 2.11 sending newsletter problem

User

Default 2.11 sending newsletter problem

Hello,

I've got a problem sending newsletter with the version 2.11.
    I send it 3 persons but it never reach the mailboxes. There is no error visible, nothing in the error.log and a they are logged in the newsletter_xx.log.

What could I check or do ?

Thanks

Eric
    Eric
    Contao 2.8 -> 3.0
    Evizer Web Agency

User

If they are successfully registered in the newsletter_xx log then the issue is most likely related to infrastructure.

The first thing that I would check is if there is a non-delivery report (NDR). The NDR is sent as an (auto-reply) E-mail to the E-mail address that you used as the “senders address”. The Contao newsletter allows you to use any E-mail address as the “sender address”. If there is a NDR report you can find the cause of non-delivery in that report. Typical causes are non-existing E-mail addresses, full mailboxes or blacklisting.

If there is a NDR you can safely assume that the problem is not on your site. Otherwise please answer the following questions for me:

1. Did you ask those 3 recipients to check there junk mail folder.
    2. Are you able to send your newsletter content as a regular E-mail to these recipients.
    3. Did you check with your hosting provider that they support (do not block) outgoing E-mails.
    4. Are the E-mail addresses of the 3 recipients outside of your own domain.
    5. Are you able to send mail to these addresses through another Contao function, for example via a contact form.
    6. Do you use the default PHP mail() function or a custom SMTP server for sending E-mail.
    Last edited by Rian; 01/01/2014 at 14:26.