Thread: Isotope version 2.0.1

New user

Default Isotope version 2.0.1

Hello.

First: sorry for my English.

Second: I am using Isotope 2.0.1 with Contao 3.2.1, and I don't know where I can define the page in Product list to be redirected when clicking a product for more info. In older version in the module Product list there is an option to do this. I used to create a module called Product Reader, place this module in a page and link that page in the module Product list under the option "Product reader jump to page" and it worked perfect but with the last version of Isotope I can not figure out how to make this works.I can not see the option "Product reader jump to page" or something similar.

If someone can help me or give me a clue I will be grateful.

Angelica

New user

Hey,

the behavior of this feature has changed. Go to the site structure and edit the product list page. Take a look into the "Use reader page" help wizard:

Reader page

Unlike any other Contao module, a user is not redirected to the reader page when viewing the product details. To solve the issue of nice aliases and to know the detail page of a product, we came up with a new solution.

The reader page (alias) will always be the same page as you selected as a category for the product. There are two options to display the details of a product:

Option 1:
    Do not set a reader page in the site structure. Place the list and reader module on the same page. Tell the list module to hide if a product alias is found (there's a checkbox in the module settings). The reader will automatically be invisible if no reader is found.
    Advantage: Pretty simple to set up
    Disadvantage: The layout of reader and list will be identical, and you cannot have different article content for the two cases.

Option 2:
    Set a reader page for every list page (product category) in the site structure. Be aware that the reader setting is not inherited! Add the reader module to this page as usual.
    Isotope will now use this page to generate the site if a product alias is found in the URL. The alias will still be the one from the list page though.
    Advantage: You can have different page content and layout (e.g. different columns) for the reader page then the list page.
    Disadvantage: You MUST set a reader page for every list page (category) you have. The setting is NOT INHERITED.
    This could also help:
    http://isotopeecommerce.org/en/blog/...available.html
    The redirect page settings for the product reader are not performed in the front end modules anymore. Isotope now assumes that the product is on the same page as the list. Thus you need to place the reader module and the list module on the same page. This brings us fancier URLs and also - for all the SEO fanatics amongst you guys - the possibility to automatically add canoncial URLs. We will present this feature in more detail in a separate blog post.