Thread: phpBB integration

User

Default phpBB integration

Hi,

has anyone managed to integrate phpBB with Contao? By integrate I mean that users can log into Contao and use phpBB without a second login.

I've created an auth plugin for phpBB to authenticate users against Contao's tl_member table, but i'm having trouble creating the sessions when users log in.

When a user logs into Contao they should also be logged into phpBB and vice versa. I've tried to do this through the postLogin hook but it requires including phpBB classes that clash with Contao's classes (cannot redeclare class error). I can't rename Contao's or phpBB's classes so i'm not sure how to get around this. I also need to be able to do the reverse, creating a Contao session when a user logs into phpBB.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Cheers

I have integrated the Vanilla forums with Contao. User account is managed within the Contao. That means all registrations, logins and personal data management is done in Contao. Then I have a little extension for Vanilla which sends the cURL request and checks if Contao user is logged in and if it is - the user is logged in or created, if not exists yet. Contao actually overrides the Vanilla user system, so it's not possible to do anything with it from there, except from manage subscription to forums, threads, etc.
    Contao ambassador
    Codefog - Contao web development