Thread: Connection failure

New user

Default Connection failure

Hi,

I have an application which is managed using CONTAO and it is need to be modified, add new function , correct previous ones and so on. I'm trying to access it locally usng my localhost but the access denied because it cannot connect to database,

Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception with message Could not connect to database (Access denied for user 'tailor'@'localhost' (using password: YES)) thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\Tailor-SMaDe\tailor\system\libraries\Database.php on line 78
    #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\Tailor-SMaDe\tailor\system\libraries\Database.php(135): Database->__construct()
    #1 [internal function]: Database::getInstance()
    #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\Tailor-SMaDe\tailor\system\libraries\System.php(170): call_user_func(Array)
    #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\Tailor-SMaDe\tailor\system\libraries\Model.php(86): System->import('Database')
    #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\Tailor-SMaDe\tailor\system\modules\frontend\FrontendUser. php(91): Model->__construct()
    #5 C:\xampp\htdocs\Tailor-SMaDe\tailor\system\modules\frontend\FrontendUser. php(173): FrontendUser->__construct()
    #6 [internal function]: FrontendUser::getInstance()
    #7 C:\xampp\htdocs\Tailor-SMaDe\tailor\system\libraries\System.php(170): call_user_func(Array)
    #8 C:\xampp\htdocs\Tailor-SMaDe\tailor\index.php(65): System->import('FrontendUser', 'User')
    #9 C:\xampp\htdocs\Tailor-SMaDe\tailor\index.php(400): Index->__construct()
    #10 {main}

Is this error ((Access denied for user 'tailor'@'localhost' (using password: YES))) mean that I should change my root user name ? or what it does mean? Thanks for help..

It seems like the credentials (username, password) used to access the (locally hosted) database are wrong. Can you login into phpMyAdmin (http://localhost/phpmyadmin/) using the given DB credentials, i.e. "tailor" for the username and the specified password? If that does not work you'd have to check first the right username/password combo.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

I add a new user with full access right and again tried to display the application but now it said that the page is not found . Any suggestion ?!

What do you mean by "tried to display the application" and by "the page is not found"? Are you talking about phpMyAdmin or about the Contao install tool?
    → Support options

New user

I mean I tried to access the website locally using my locaolhost !! I do not have any idea about how to display or to edit a website built using contao!! can you please suggest to me tips for that ... thanks in advance

Do you have TeamViewer on your computer? Then, I could show you how to set up a working local server environment running Contao on the localhost.
    → Support options

New user

Yes I have team viewer i will send you the ID and Password in a private message ... thanks a lot