Thread: Front-end module and back-end module

New user

Default Front-end module and back-end module

Hello,

I have question. Can someone tell me what are the main differences between back-end and front-end modules? Thanks in advance

New user

Hi,
    I never heard about back-end and front-end modules. My understanding is that you create a module (i.e. a navigation module) in the Backend which allows people to see the content in the Frontend and to step with this navigation module across your web pages.
    Klaus

New user

Quote Originally Posted by KlausGrenoble View Post
    Hi,
    I never heard about back-end and front-end modules. My understanding is that you create a module (i.e. a navigation module) in the Backend which allows people to see the content in the Frontend and to step with this navigation module across your web pages.
    Klaus
    Thanks for your answer. As I know there are some differences between them, the differences is regarding to the sub directories that they contain (config, languages, template, html and the main file) but I am not quite sure about the exact differences and when it suppose to use the back end and when to use the front end ...

Frontend modules are modules which outputs dynamic content to the frontend like e.g. a navigation by embedding them into the page layout.

Backend modules bring new functions as navigation items in the backend. You can see them in the left navigation bar in the backend f.e. the "Account manager". Some extensions offer new navigation items in the backend they are called backend modules.

The structure in system/modules/myModule/ should be the same.
    Last edited by Andreas; 04/15/2014 at 15:21.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Thank you Andreas for the explanation ...