Thread: Custom Article List/Container?

User

Default Custom Article List/Container?

On my starting page, I have a section with 3 articles inside. From the articles, I would like to show a teaser-image, the title, teaser-text and the link. I've created a custom section for the articles, but I don't know how can I create a template-file for the section. Is there a way for this? Or is there any what to get the respective section variables as an object?
    Btw, can I set a teaser image for an article without an extension?
    Thank you very much for you answers

There are no templates for custom sections. A custom section is simply wrapped by
    HTML Code:
    <div class="custom">
      <section id="mycustomsection">
        <div class="inside">
    There inside you will find your content f.e. an article. For articles there is a template and also for article teasers.

It's no good idea to build a new template for articles, mostly theire is a way to realize your project without an extra article template. Also in 95% there is no need for custom sections as everything is wrapped in elements like f.e. DIVs.

You can put your teaser image into the rich text editor if you don't wanna use an extension.

In your template you can show all outputted variables with f.e.
    PHP Code:
    $this->showTemplateVars(); 
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist